Fill Out Our Simple Online Form
Get Your Free Information Pack and DVD
Get up to 3 Competitive No Obligation Quotes
Stannah is a family run company that has been designing and manufacturing stairlifts since 1975. In 40 years over 600,000 Stannah stairlifts have been made and they are sold in over 46 countries as well as throughout the UK.
Stannah offers a range of stairlifts to suit a user’s physical needs and to fit different types of staircases. Their models come in a variety of colours and with a choice of custom features, including vinyl or fabric seats, and different wood trims. The Starla and Siena can be tailor made for both straight and curved stairs. The Sadler is similar to a perch-style stairlift and is designed for those with limited mobility. It is also a good option for narrow stairs.
Stannah will need to make an appointment for one of their trained consultants to visit your home to assess which model would be best suited to your stairs and to your needs. This way they will be able to give you an exact price to supply and install the stairlift, but the quotation will be free and you are under no obligation to buy. We recommend you obtain written quotes from at least two different stairlift manufacturers so that you can make an informed decision about which stairlift offers the best solution for you.
Stannah Stairlift Reviews
Stannah stairlifts received an overall customer satisfaction score of 74 percent in a survey conducted by Which in November 2014. They were rated 4/5 on all of the following categories:
- Personal Suitability
- Suitability for the stairs and home
Average prices paid were £2,424 for a brand new Stannah stairlift and £1,804 for a used one. The survey didn’t look at the specific type of stairlift bought, but curved models cost significantly more than straight ones.
Stannah’s Starla stairlift can be used on both straight and curved stairs and can be customised to your needs and taste.
- Choice of all-vinyl or all-fabric chair in a range of different colours
- Choice of wood trim
- Choice of rail colours
- Angled seat for safety and security
- Easy to use fingertip controls
- Two wall-mounted remote controls to call or park the lift
- Seat-load sensor to prevent the stairlift moving until the user is safely seated
- Optional powered-swivel seat
- Folds away when not in use
- Made to measure slimline rails that attach to the stairs not the wall
- Retractable and hinged rails available
The Siena stairlift by Stannah can be fitted to either straight or curved staircases.
- Choice of five vinyl colours
- Choice of six rail colours
- Contemporary style
- Custom made rails with a slimline design that are fitted to the stair treads not the wall
- Can be installed with minimal disruption and mess
- Arms, seat and foot rest can be folded up neatly when not in use to leave space for other stair users
- Can be locked with a removable key to prevent children playing on it
- Easy to use controls, including one on the wall at each end of the stairs to the lift can be called to you or sent to another user
- Swivel seat to make getting on and off safer, with a powered swivel option
Stannah’s Sadler stairlift has a perch-style elevated seat and is designed for people who have trouble bending to sit down or limited flexibility. It is also suitable for narrow stairs where a traditional seated stairlift may be too wide.
- Raised, tilting saddle-style seat that moves up and down with the user to make mounting and dismounting easier and safer
- Seatbelt that can be fastened with one hand and has an immobiliser so the lift will not move until the seatbelt is secure
- Foldable arms are connected to the foot rest, so there’s no need to bend down to fold the foot rest away
- Safety sensors to a automatically stop the stairlift safely if there is an obstruction in the way
- Can be fitted to straight and curved stairs
- Optional hinged rail if needed